At Risk Preschool Program
Free – All Day Program
This program is for 4 year olds and is hosted at Ewalt Elementary. Placements are limited and will be assigned through a lottery system if oversubscribed. Children who meet at least one of the at risk criteria identified in the grant will be awarded slots first. Any remaining slots will be awarded to applicants not meeting any of the criteria.
Child must turn four by August 31, 2019
Must meet one or more of the following at risk criteria
- Student lives in a single parent home. Custodial parent is unmarried.
- Either parent was a teenager (19 or younger) when child was born.
- Either parent is lacking a high school diploma or GED.
- Family qualifies for FREE lunches. Free/Reduced Meal Application
- Currently recieveing public assistance such as TANF, WIC or Food Stamps.
- Student qualifies for migrant/homeless status.
- Limited English Proficiency-Language spoken at home other than English.
- Student is currently in foster care.
- Your student has a developmental delay (to be determined by a screening from trained staff).
- Provided to all students living within the school district limits
- Will follow the school district calendar and run from 7:50 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Please contact Ewalt Elementary at (316)-775-0056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.