EVERY VOTE COUNTS!
Let your voice be heard.
While primary elections have a history of low turnout compared to the general election, many races are determined in August at the primary election.
Did you know-
- Of 1.8 million voters in Kansas, only 1 in 4 vote in August.
- When the majority doesn’t vote, the minority voice is loudest – and in charge.
- An estimated 80% of Kansas elected officials are elected in the primary, although November elections get the majority of attention
- The Governor/Lt. Governor race between Kris Kobach and Jeff Colyer was decided by just 343 votes in Augusta 2018 primary.
Are you registered? Click here to find out!
Many don’t have the ability to vote because-
- They’re not registered and don’t know where to start
- Their address or name may have changed and was never updated
There are many reasons why citizens don’t vote:
- August through November is a very busy time
- Many do not understand the importance of the August primary
- Voters do not realize that they can apply early for Advance Ballots for both the primary and general election
It’s never too early!
We’ve made it easy for you to get registered, apply for advanced ballots and know when to vote!